Wednesday 22 October 2014

Outerwear 20-40-60

r- This red fall-to-winter transitional coat has the Little Red Riding Hood vibe doing on...and I like that! It's really warm and cozy but not to hot when I want to run out to the mall or do groceries. I like that the buttons are fastend through ribbons so I don't have to worry about losing a button. Paired it with my faux leather leggings (of course!) and my ballet flats. This kind of outdoor outfit makes me feel a little bit more excited that the chilly temperatures are here.

m- I have had my eye on a J. Crew herringbone vest for about a year. It was a little more than I wanted to pay for a seasonal item, so when I saw this one, I snapped it up (and got 40% off). It is very cozy and not too bulky. Paired with traditional stripes, jeans and riding boots, this outfit speaks to my preference for preppy classics.

k- I bought this trench coat several years ago when the hemline was longer. Since it is a classic style I invested in having the sleeves and hem line shortened.  It is perfect for the fall weather - rain or shine and requires little or no accessories.  Depending on whether I'm running errands, meeting friends for lunch or taking my grandson to the park I may add a printed scarf for colour or a hat.  Sunglasses are an indication that I didn't have time to put makeup on and I'm doing errands so don't get in my way... ha, ha.
60 something

40 something

20 something

Get the look...click below!

No comments:

Post a Comment