Monday 5 January 2015

Gearing Up For Outdoor Fun

r- I love walking all year round but there is something really romantic about a winter stroll. My husband and I love to get out walking together (along with our dog Rocko, of course!) This New Years we took a walk out on the lake. It was so nice and bright that we didn't have to bundle up too much. I decided to wear my fleece lined leggings (don't want to catch a chill!), knitted cardigan and hat. I love any excuse to wear my leg warmers and they fit perfectly into my extra warm Ugg boots.
m- The conditions have not been the greatest for x-country skiing, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that January will bring more snow. Layering is the key to success for me. I have learned to choose my items carefully and pack extra options in the car. My favourite x-country items are: my boots - they are surprisingly warm and comfortable, wool socks (once again) and layering my gloves. I learned early on that hands can overheat easily or become too cold. My jacket (not featured -depends on the conditions) is useful for both winter running and skiing. It blocks the wind nicely and has venting. The leg warmers are there for fun! I always pack my parka for apres ski.
40 something










20 something

























To shop m's look, click on the picture below:





Shop R's look, click on the images below!


No comments:

Post a Comment